By Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin
- Provides a complete review of the commercial, socio-cultural, and aesthetic elements that give a contribution to cinematic representations of race, category, gender, and sexuality
- Includes over a hundred illustrations, thesaurus of keyword phrases, questions for dialogue, and lists for extra reading/viewing
- Includes new case reviews of a few motion pictures, together with Crash, Brokeback Mountain, and Quinceañera
Read or Download America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies PDF
Similar film & video art books
Mobility has lengthy been a defining function of contemporary societies, but remarkably little recognition has been paid to a few of the 'stopping places'_hotels, hotels, and the like_that this mobility presupposes. If the paradoxical features of mounted areas devoted to facilitating circulate were neglected by way of various commentators, film-makers have proven outstanding prescience and consistency in attractive with those 'still issues' round which the realm is made to show.
Beginning with highway to Singapore in 1940, Paramount photographs teamed Bing Crosby, Bob desire, and Dorothy Lamour to famous person in a single of the main winning sequence of films ever made. All seven "road" movies an identical uncomplicated layout: adventurers wish and Crosby will be stuck in a doubtless very unlikely scenario, they'd defeat the undesirable men, after which vie with each other for Lamour's recognition.
"The Nutshell approach cracks the code in the back of why we like the flicks that we adore. It courses you to organically write the tale you need to inform. "― Callum Greene, ProducerStar Wars Episode nine, pink top, The Hobbit: The Desolation of SmaugVeteran script advisor Jill Chamberlain came upon in her paintings that an striking ninety nine percentage of first-time screenwriters do not know the right way to inform a narrative.
This publication considers how architectural landmarks, imagined constructions and concrete landscapes participate in the construction of that means in modern Argentine cinema. From the enduring Buenos Aires Obelisk to the Hilton overseas inn, the shopping mall to the café and the Le Corbusier-designed Curutchet condo to the gated neighborhood, structure in those motion pictures conjures up the political.
- I Cannot, Yet I Must: The True Story of the Best Bad Monster Movie of All Time Robot Monster
- Best of Star Wars Insider Volume 3 (The Best of Star Wars Insider)
- How to Get Your Music in Film & TV (Omnibus Press)
- Finnish Cinema: A Transnational Enterprise (Palgrave European Film and Media Studies)
- The Making Of Lawrence Of Arabia (The Magnificent 60s)
- The Literary Monster on Film: Five Nineteenth Century British Novels and Their Cinematic Adaptations
Extra resources for America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies
America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies by Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin